Has D failed? ( unpopular opinion but I think yes )

Patrick Schluter Patrick.Schluter at bbox.fr
Sun Apr 21 11:39:13 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 21 April 2019 at 07:35:34 UTC, Nicholas Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday, 21 April 2019 at 07:10:38 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>> On Sat, 20 Apr 2019 at 23:05, Nicholas Wilson via
>> Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

>>> I'm pretty sure Iain would =P
>>>

>> If only because I've never gotten LDC to work. :-P
>
> It should work out of the box, if it doesn't please file a bug
> report.
>
>> (Nor do I have reason to believe it's been given much testing
>> beyond x86/64, despite a good breadth of OS support).
>
> I used it for my honours thesis on RasPi3b+ with Raspian so it
> definitely works on ARM. OpenCL and CUDA also work. Never tried
> on MIPS, PPC or AArch64.

I also have it running on my Helios4 NAS, which is Armbian on an
Marvell ARMADA® 388 ARM CPU. I built the compiler from scratch to
test bootstrapping.
Worked without problems. I still didn't manage to get DWT to work
but that is more a problem of the Helios4 that does not have a
graphical user interface by default, which is logical as the unit
does not have a graphical output.