debugger

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 17:26:27 UTC 2019

On Mon, Apr 22, 2019 at 4:25 AM Martin Krejcirik via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Monday, 22 April 2019 at 07:45:50 UTC, tester wrote:
> > start putting a debugger into the distro. this one can be
> > adapted for d needs
>
> dmd works with existing debuggers using cv2pdb utility on Windows.

That's very old tech, modern D compilers (last 5 years) emit PDB directly.
Visual Studio + VisualD (uses the Mago debug engine) is the best
windows debugging environment by miles, there's really no competition
at the moment.
Not to mention the comprehensive autocomplete and code navigation
support, I think it's the best D has to offer despite being
systematically overlooked. DCD is quite good, but it just feels like
it has more gaps to me every time I use it.