food for thought - swift 5 released - bottom types, string interpolation, and stuff.

aberba karabutaworld at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 00:45:05 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 25 April 2019 at 23:40:31 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 10:49:47PM +0000, Terry Arkson via
> Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> On Friday, 12 April 2019 at 02:29:38 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> > On 4/11/2019 4:24 PM, Mike Franklin wrote:
> [...]

Probably one reason D is not gaining much adoption (at least for
beginners) is because the maintainers are so smart that they
ignore some basic (or less cognitive load) details.

Like functions that might appeal to beginners...but Andre and
Walter overlook them...thinking its so obvious (in their
experience). If true, they'll have problem teaching beginners
programming.

Another example is Ali's book, may seem normal to someone with
some programming experience but definitely not a beginner's
book...I have personally seen that with some folks.