Has D failed? ( unpopular opinion but I think yes )

Arun Chandrasekaran aruncxy at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 06:53:36 UTC 2019

On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 10:05 PM Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On 4/25/2019 1:01 PM, Bastiaan Veelo wrote:
> > If you think it was a waste of time, you could just have continued without
> > updating. All releases are still there. http://downloads.dlang.org/releases/
>
> True enough. With other products, I don't upgrade them until there's a good
> reason to. Saves a lot of effort.

May be people upgrade as a way to fix the regression bugs and end up
getting new features that introduces new regressions/bugs? There are
no releases that target _bug fixes only_.

That brings up another point about LTS, development branch and stable branch.

Bug fixes shall only be done on the stable branch and the new features
on the development branch. Stable branch can be merged periodically
with development branch and not the other way.