DUB - call to arms

Basile B. b2.temp at gmx.com
Sat Apr 27 00:02:58 UTC 2019

On Friday, 26 April 2019 at 22:33:50 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 26, 2019 at 08:28:37PM +0000, H. S. Teoh via
> Digitalmars-d wrote: [...]
>> According to Nick, every dub package carries its own
>> description file (sdl/json) that encodes, among other things,
>> its version and dependencies.  Apparently, this information
>> resides per-package on code.dlang.org, and so every time dub
>> has to resolve dependencies for a particular package, it has
>> to download the description files of *every version* of the
>> package??  Can somebody confirm whether or not this is really
>> the case?
> [...]
>
> Actually, nevermind that.  Dub already combines the
> descriptions into a single file.  So the bottleneck(s) must lie
> elsewhere...

Speaking of bottlenecks... (and probably unrelated):

For dexed I have a project group that contains the 3 sdl for
dmd/druntime/phobos. It's very slow to load... the IDE launches
dub 3 times to convert the projects to JSON and it takes 8 to 10
seconds. But none of the sdl contains dependencies, nor configs,
build types or whatever...

I have the feeling that dub does something stupid with the files
since these 3 repos contains many.