std/package.d - better unittests

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Mon Apr 29 23:43:41 UTC 2019

On Monday, 29 April 2019 at 22:41:31 UTC, Anonymous wrote:
> I ran it, and got these results:
>
> std.typetuple is not imported in std.package.
> std.xml is not imported in std.package.
> std.outbuffer is not imported in std.package.
>
> Is there a reason that these are not imported, or is it just
> accidental?

Yes, there's a reason. All three are deprecated modules.
std.typetuple is also not even documented anymore.

You would never want to use any of these modules in your UFCS
pipes.

> I think there should be an additional unittest added to
> std.package that checks like this to prevent mistakes when new
> modules are added to phobos.

It's a simple file. Modules in Phobos get added/changed _less_
than once a year, so imho it's not worth the cost of writing and
maintaining this test file which is bigger than the file itself.