SAOC Project

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Sun Aug 4 19:20:15 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 4 August 2019 at 16:06:59 UTC, Ionuț Mihalache wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> My name is Ionuț and I am interested in one of the SAOC
> projects, the one about DUB: D's package manager. What I would
> like to know are the parts about git support and C/C++ support.
> Can you tell me which one is more important for the community
> and what are the next steps for SAOC and maybe more details
> about what exactly is already implemented if there is
> something, in order for me to know where to start exactly.
>
> Thank you.

Hi Ionuț,

While I really prefer git support I vote for C/C++ support. I
heard a lot developers complaining that they can't use dub at all
due to bad or missing support of building multi language
applications with Dub.
So far I wasn't in the need of building such applications
therefore I can't say what exactly is missing and what's the best
solution would be.

In any case dub should be able to also serve this scenario.

Kind regards
Andre