SAOC Project

Robert Schadek rschadek at symmetryinvestments.com
Mon Aug 5 10:04:57 UTC 2019

IMHO, dub should receive some love before another thing is added
on top.

The issue list alone is long enough to give you sleepless nights.
 From what I have seen so far, much of dub is very tightly coupled
together.
IMO, splitting it up into more distinct parts (sub packages)
would be a more valuable step (aka. dub as a library).
For example:
I recently was trying to add dip25 and dip1000 to all packages on
code.dlang.org.
And found myself writing a dub.json and dub.sdl parser.

What I wanted to do was.
```
auto c = loadConfig("pathToDubProject");
c.addDflag("dip1000");
c.addDflag("dip25");
saveConfig("pathToDubProject, c);
```
But I couldn't.

I hope I just overlook this something, but that in itself is not
a good sign with
regards to the documentation, or my skills. Hopefully, the first
though.

That being said, I think working on dub is extremely valuable for
D.

As talk is cheap. I'm by no means a dub expert, but having used
it quite
extensively even before joining Symmetry, I'm willing/able to at
least co-memtor
a dub project. Giving it is selected as a project for SAOC.