Need to find materials for new learners about this programming language

bpr brogoff at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 17:52:18 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 6 August 2019 at 07:45:01 UTC, RazvanN wrote:
> On Tuesday, 6 August 2019 at 07:28:04 UTC, nickjonson wrote:
>> I am new to this programming language, so I really need
>> learning materials about it, I searched online and they mostly
>> just guided me.
>
> You can also use the materials we developed for our D ramp up
> Summer School [1]. It is not extensive, but it is more
> condensed.
>
> [1] https://ocw.cs.pub.ro/courses/dss

Cool! One thing I didn't care for reading this that templates are
introduced via the shorthand for function and struct/class
templates, rather than introducing the general template mechanism
first and then showing the shorthand. Templates are one of D's
best features and I don't think they should be cropped to fit the
C++ viewpoint.