OT: C# now has ref and const ref return

bachmeier no at spam.net
Wed Aug 7 01:27:52 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 6 August 2019 at 23:55:11 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> The imminent demise of D was confidently predicted 20 years
> ago, and every year since, yet it keeps growing and getting
> better. The imminent failure of Zortech C++ was also constantly
> predicted by pretty much everyone, meanwhile Zortech was pretty
> successful.

One of the popular hobbies of programmers is to predict the death
of languages because there's another language they like better.
C++ is dead. Java is dead. Clojure is dead. Scala is dead. C is
dead. Perl is dead. Ruby is dead. R is dead. Python is dead. Or
so I've been told.

As long as the D compiler continues to work, I'll be fine.