Subject

Ethan gooberman at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 10:25:47 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 7 August 2019 at 00:36:19 UTC, Exil wrote:
> It won't be imminent but it hasn't reached the point of self
> sufficiency. I don't see it reaching the same level of success
> as other younger languages, at it stands.

So I guess this point needs stating again.

Why did C# get picked up? Because Microsoft.

Why did Swift get picked up? Because Apple.

Why did Dart and Go get picked up? Because Google.

Why did Rust get picked up? Because Mozilla.

Why are people still making posts like this about D? Because
languages thrive when there are large corporations in play, and
no corporation has committed to D like those behemoths mentioned
above.

Many of the problems I've highlighted in D/DMD lately will get
solved naturally when human- and financial- resources are
addressed. But you've got a chicken and egg situation there.