DIP 1022--foreach auto ref--Community Review Round 1

Exil Exil at gmall.com
Thu Aug 8 12:35:45 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 8 August 2019 at 12:13:35 UTC, Dukc wrote:
> On Thursday, 8 August 2019 at 12:10:09 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
>> This is the feedback thread for the first round of Community
>> Review for DIP 1022, "foreach auto ref":
>
> Author here, AMA/Destroy!

Not sure if "foreach( ref" should be deprecated. Doesn't make
sense to me with other uses of "auto ref", like in function
parameters. They still allow you to use ref. If you did remove
it, then I'm not sure how opApply would work in that case. If you
want to have both ref and copy, or even just two different types.
You can't select the proper ref type because of auto.