OT: fixing c++ with epochs

SashaGreat s at g.com
Thu Aug 8 13:43:57 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 8 August 2019 at 11:55:16 UTC, victoroak wrote:
> https://vittorioromeo.info/index/blog/fixing_cpp_with_epochs.html
>
> I follow this forum for some time and I saw some discussions
> about breaking changes and I thought this would be an
> interesting read.
>
> I think D is too afraid of breaking changes so maybe this could
> be a way to do it safely.

I talked about exactly this in another thread:
https://forum.dlang.org/post/ctvstjuzjayimyxwsugg@forum.dlang.org

If I'm not mistaken this was written after Rust decide for 2 ~ 3
years review of the language, instead of carrying bad design for
the rest of their lives.

I think if Rust succeeded with their plan, C++ will move in this
way pretty fast.

Sasha.