[GSoC] Dataframes for D

Prateeek Nayak lelouch.cpp at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 16:49:09 UTC 2019

-----------
Update Time
-----------

Pardon me for the delay, my university just started and it has
been a busy first week. However I have some good news

* Aggregate implementation is under review - The preliminary
implementation restricted the set of operations that aggregate
could do but then Mr. Wilson suggested there should be a way to
expand it's usability so we worked on a revamp which takes the
function you desire as input and operates them on row/column of
DataFrame
* There is a new way set index using index operation
* to_csv supports setting precision for floating point numbers -
this was a problem I knew existed but I hadn't addressed it till
now. Better late then never.
* Homogeneous DataFrame don't use TypeTuple anymore
* at overload coming soon

--------------------
What is to come next
--------------------

* The first few responses from the community were mostly
regarding bringing binary file I/O support because of their lean
size and fast read/write. I will explore more regarding this.
* Time Series is gaining importance with the rise of Machine
Learning. I would like to implement something along the lines of
time series functionality Pandas has.
* Something you would line to see. I am open to suggestions (^_^)

--------------
Problems faced

There remains a small implementation detail that remains - a
dispatch function. Given non-homogeneous cases still require
traversal to a column, a function to apply an alias statically or
non-statically depending on the DataFrame is under discussion.
This will reduce code redundancy however my preliminary attempts
to tackle this have ended in failure. I will try to finish it by
the weekend. If I cannot solve it by then, I will seek your help
in the Learn section (^_^)
Thank you