[GSoC] Dataframes for D

Prateek Nayak lelouch.cpp at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 17:18:25 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 10 August 2019 at 12:38:19 UTC, Joseph Rushton
Wakeling wrote:
> It's clearly important that your project supports the same data
> exchange formats as pandas, but it doesn't seem inherently a
> problem to support other formats as well, assuming you have the
> time and inclination to do so.

It is never an inherent problem to support a new file format but
the initial comments from the community was mainly regarding easy
interop with python. That is why I was thinking of Parquet
support.
Cap'n Proto is great and I'll love to implement a Cap'n Proto I/O
sooner or later but Parquet seems to have a heavier presence due
to popularity of Pandas so I decided to look into it first.