Poll: -od -lib -of and breaking compatibility with build tools

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow.lists at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 09:01:25 UTC 2019

On Monday, 12 August 2019 at 05:59:53 UTC, FeepingCreature wrote:
> People who are using build tools that call dmd: would you
> rather this be fixed, and have to update your code, or leave it
> in?

I don't think I have any tools that build static libraries, but
it's easy to make it work with both new and old DMD versions
(just use an absolute path), so I'd be in favor of fixing it.

If you want to go the extra mile, for one or more releases DMD
could warn in situations where the behavior is going to change
and suggest using an absolute path to silence the warning and
make the behavior future-proof.