Fix Phobos dependencies on autodecoding

GreatSam4sure greatsam4sure at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 11:01:30 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 13 August 2019 at 07:08:03 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> We don't yet have a good plan on how to remove autodecoding and
> yet provide backward compatibility with autodecoding-reliant
> projects, but one thing we can do is make Phobos work properly
> with and without autodecoding.
>
> To that end, I created a build of Phobos that disables
> autodecoding:
>
> https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/7130
>
> Of course, it fails. If people want impactful things to work
> on, fixing each failure is worthwhile (each in separate PRs).
>
> Note that this is neither trivial nor mindless code editing.
> Each case has to be examined as to why it is doing
> autodecoding, is autodecoding necessary, and deciding to
> replace it with byChar, byDchar, or simply hardcoding the
> decoding logic.

Thanks for your effort toward this direction I once a massive
this discussion on auto decoding.

Recently I have witnessed a massive effort from you, Andrei and
the entire community on the D language.

I must confess you have a beautiful language already. The D
language promises a lot by its elegance, compilation speed,
speed, generic and multiple programming techniques supported.

I don't have a problem with the language that much but with the
libraries, tutorial, documentation, ide. Each time I download the
library from fun packages almost 90% there must be one error or
another.

I will be happy if the tools and library just work out of the
box. The tools, the library should be set up that a novice like
me can use them.

I don't have much expertise in programming so I can contribute to
D for the now