Is Andrei Stepping Back from D?

GreatSam4sure greatsam4sure at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 20:08:14 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 13 August 2019 at 15:45:04 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 13, 2019 9:26:35 AM MDT D. Klaw via
> Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> Apologies if this is rather verboten to ask, but is Andrei
>> moving away from D?
>
>>From what he said at dconf this year, he is taking a less
>>active role in D
> in order to focus on his family. He's still involved with the
> D. He's still involved with the D Foundation. He's still
> working with the students he's been working with. He's still
> doing many of the D-related activities that he's been doing.
> However, as far as the DIP process goes, actively focusing on
> Phobos, and other activities that pertain to being one of the
> two heads of D, he's stepped back, and Atila Neves is now
> filling his role. So, for instance, when a DIP is reviewed,
> it's now Atila who makes the decision with Walter rather than
> Andrei, and poor Atila is now trying to watch all of the
> various Phobos PRs to keep track of what's going on. Andrei is
> still very much involved, just not in the same kind of
> leadership role that he has been, because he didn't feel that
> he could focus on it enough with what's going on with his
> family and how he's needed to focus on them.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

The more we have more capable hands in the Dip decisions making
the more the dlang will make progress.

As a very long member of the community and one with a thorough
understanding of the language it will be better to be among the
DIP decision. A committee of 5 persons will be better than 2.

If there have been 5 persons or more making decision about the
DIp and standard library the pressure on andrei would not have
been much to the point of letting go of some duties.

More hands pls