Cryptic bug for DMD v2.087.x

Peter Jacobs peterj at mech.uq.edu.au
Wed Aug 14 11:56:51 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 14 August 2019 at 09:48:09 UTC, Peter Jacobs wrote:

> I will fix the exit code for the script and try again.

There were a couple of issues.  I could not match the string,
even when I corrected its text (to include the 'x').  All of my
attempts at redirection of the string seemed to have been
unsuccessful, maybe because of the Illegal Instruction associated
with the dmd command.

Anyway, I changed to detecting exit code 132 for the Illegal
Instruction and redirecting stdout and stderr in the bash script
before invoking the dmd command.  Now dustmite is doing its
thing.  I will leave it over night to see what gets reduced.

Thanks, all, for the tutoring.