[SAoC] DPP Project

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Wed Aug 14 14:42:04 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 13 August 2019 at 21:01:46 UTC, Cristian Becerescu
wrote:
> Hello!
>
> My name is Cristi, I'm a final year Computer Science student
> and I've recently heard about SAoC, which I'm very excited
> about.
>
> I'm specifically interested in the DPP project, which is
> enabling direct C/C++ header inclusion in D files. Now, as far
> as I understand, there are several issues with DPP (not working
> with some Linux headers, probably due to specific GCC flags)
> which need to be solved, and I would be really grateful if
> people from the D community could give me some advice regarding
> this.
>
> What do you think about this SAoC project overall? Do you have
> any suggestions about it?
> What do you think is a good starting point for dealing with
> this project?
> What technologies should I familiarize myself with? (llvm, gcc,
> other linux internals etc.)
> Is DPP a big deal for the D community? Have you tried using it?
> What problems have you encountered while using it? What are
> some current limitations of DPP that bother you?
>
> Thank you,
> Cristi

Hello Cristi,

I am not an expert in this area, but direct usage of c/c++ header
files sounds like a killer feature for D. From a technical point
I cannot say wheter this is feasible but it would be really great
to have this feature.

Kind regards
Andre