Is Andrei Stepping Back from D?

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.com
Wed Aug 14 15:14:41 UTC 2019

On 8/13/19 11:38 AM, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Tuesday, 13 August 2019 at 15:26:35 UTC, D. Klaw wrote:
>> Apologies if this is rather verboten to ask, but is Andrei moving away
>> from D?
>
> No, not completely. Just from a leadership role. See his remarks from
> the general meeting at DConf 2019:
>
> https://youtu.be/cpTAtiboIDs?t=3049

Thanks, Mike. And thanks to all for the concern - I also got a few
private emails asking me for the juicy details. Of which there are none
- my family needs me and some volunteering activities had to give way.

As Jonathan mentioned I'm still working with my students and working on
the Foundation administration, legal, taxes, and finances.

I've been involved with D since 2005. That's an eternity in this
business. I think bringing Atila to the fore is a great positive because
it brings a fresh perspective and approach.