Fix Phobos dependencies on autodecoding

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Thu Aug 15 19:44:41 UTC 2019

On Thursday, August 15, 2019 1:11:14 PM MDT Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> In my not-so-humble opinion, the introduction of "normalization" to
> Unicode was a huge mistake. It's not necessary and causes nothing but
> grief. They should have consulted with me first :-)

IMHO, the fact that Unicode normalization is a thing is one of those things
that proves that Unicode is unnecessarily complex. There should only be a
single way to represent a given character. Unfortunately, that's definitely
not the way they went, and we suffer that much more because of it. Honestly,
I question that very many applications exist which actually handle Unicode
fully correctly. Its level of complexity is way past the point that the
average programmer has much chance of getting it right.

- Jonathan M Davis