Building C++ modules

Stefan Koch uplink.coder at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 15 22:48:35 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 15 August 2019 at 22:37:16 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 15, 2019 at 08:09:33PM +0000, Exil via
> Digitalmars-d wrote: [...]
> (2) Using too many templates / CTFE.  CTFE is known to be
> dog-slow. NewCTFE is supposed to improve this, but at the rate
> things are going, I'm not holding my breath for it.

Now, if you cloud hold your breath for about a year ....

Regarding phobos even worse than regex is std.uni and std.format
which imports uni.
And because of importing also std.conv and std.stdio.

By removing all mentions of std.stdio.writeln and std.conv.to in
my own code, I was a able to reduce my compile-times from 30s to
2s and reduce the memory usage from 26G to .6G.