Is Andrei Stepping Back from D?

Dibyendu Majumdar mobile at majumdar.org.uk
Sun Aug 18 09:45:26 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 18 August 2019 at 00:10:03 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
>> Reading between the lines, I get the impression that you have
>> given up on evolving D as a language? Can't say I am surprised.
>
> You must have been in a state of continuous surprise over the
> past 15 years then.
>
> This asinine remark reminds me of the rumor mill on the
> hallways at DConf 2019. "What happened to Vladimir? You must
> have done something terrible to him." Sure, let's confront
> Vladimir on why he only put one decade of his career into
> volunteering for a free project.

Since you are being abusive I didn't want to reply ... but then
it occurred to me maybe my remark is misunderstood. I meant that
having given so much to D, and perhaps not getting the outcome
you desired for D, it is understandable if you decided to move on.

Regards