Is Andrei Stepping Back from D?

bachmeier no at spam.net
Sun Aug 18 12:21:54 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 18 August 2019 at 09:45:26 UTC, Dibyendu Majumdar
wrote:

>  I meant that having given so much to D, and perhaps not
> getting the outcome you desired for D, it is understandable if
> you decided to move on.

This is an open source project. Everyone, including Walter and
Andrei, should feel free to step down at any time, for any
reason. They owe the project nothing. We're happy for the
contributions they've already made. If they want to spend more
time with their families, it is my hope that they will step away
and not give it any further thought. One measure of the success
of the language is that it works pretty well right now and the
project will go on even if Andrei has decided to move on to
Javascript (the creator of which, I will note, moved on in 2011).