DMD or LDC on mobile

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 06:58:33 UTC 2019

On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 8:20 PM Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, 20 August 2019 at 00:38:36 UTC, Manu wrote:
> > I don't know anybody who could work on this as a serious
> > project who
> > is motivated by money though... we probably need $3-5k at least
>
> I'm between jobs right now, 3-5k might actually get my attention.
>
> But every time I look into mobile for myself, I just can't bring
> myself to care. To the extent that I want custom functionality on
> one of these devices, I just go back to web stuff. So so so so so
> much lower barrier to entry and then it works in other places too.
>
> But meh I've done stuff for money I personally don't use before
> and could again. Just for like $100 bounties that doesn't even
> cover enough time to seriously get started on something like this.

Right, it's not a 3-digit problem. It's probably a 5-digit problem,
but in the D community, a 4-digit sum requires quite a bit of
rallying.
I think if someone (like yourself) who had the confidence of the
community and a record for delivering were to take the challenge, we
could probably arrange to fund it.
Most computers on earth run Android or iOS, and it's embarrassing for
us that we don't have a toolchain that works out of the box, and
passes CI.
We even have extern(Objective-C) readily available! It's such a missed
opportunity!