DMD or LDC on mobile

Ethan gooberman at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 14:57:44 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 20 August 2019 at 10:34:30 UTC, JN wrote:
> Isn't that a good example of why "having three compilers" is
> not necessarily good for D? It's often praised as a good thing,
> but then we come across such things, when compiler X1 is good
> for Y, but compiler X2 isn't good at it, and things done for
> one compiler need to be ported to the other compiler.

There's no way I'd have gotten Quantum Break out the door if LDC
was the only option for example.

That's the reality of the world. Platform holders expect you to
use certain compiler tool chains. I don't see how this example is
any different.

Given that all three active compilers (DMD, LDC, GDC) are based
off the same frontend, at the very least I'd expect the frontends
to match for the versions they're based off. Backends? Nah.
You're on your own there.