DMD or LDC on mobile

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 18:17:42 UTC 2019

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 2:40 AM Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On 2019-08-20 02:38, Manu wrote:
>
> > If there's a path to finance 1st class D support on mobile, I'll
> > contribute substantially.
> > I would he happy to do a classic thing like, for every donation to
> > that effort, I will contribute an additional 50%...
> >
> > I don't know anybody who could work on this as a serious project who
> > is motivated by money though... we probably need $3-5k at least to
> > make someone interested.
> > LDC needs to have official iOS/Android build distributions with unit
> > tests passing... how do we get there?
>
> I do have some interest in this, but not enough to do on my spare time.
> Might be possible if I could get enough money and take some time off
> from work.

What kind of budget is motivating?

I think the community needs nothing less than:
Android/iOS have builds alongside each LDC release, passing CI, and a
getting-started guide showing how to get to work on those platforms.
It can't be a question what shape those toolchains are in. They need
to be reliably available.

I don't know the scope of this task, who knows where each toolchain is
at? Can anyone itemise the work here?