Mobile is the new PC and AArch64 is the new x64

Newbie2019 newbie2019 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 11:43:55 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 21 August 2019 at 09:53:27 UTC, kinke wrote:
> Some more interesting server benchmarks (ARM vs. Power9 vs.
> x86):
>
> https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=rome-power9-arm

The recent  ARM product of 2019 is improve for mobile. I get
myself a 2019 Android phone with Qualcomm 865, the performance
improve is huge compare to 2017 Android phone. (build llvm time
take around 1/10 compare my old phone, I feel it will be same
speed like Laptap in 1 to 3 years).

The Qualcomm 865 is based on ARM Cortex-A76,  design release at
5/31/18.  I guess the benchmark ARM 16NM server is use at least
2nd generation behind product(there is 14nm, 12nm, 10nm, 7nm ARM
product). And ARM is yet not fully commit to server product yet.

Theres is so many people use mobile phone every day,  and
Microsoft will release ARM based Laptop product soon, Apple
prepare for ARM based New Macbook for years. The Dlang will not
be able to work for the laptop product when they are released.
(And Rust/Go already ready for this.)