DMD or LDC on mobile

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 17:35:39 UTC 2019

On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 2:35 AM kinke via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, 21 August 2019 at 02:10:17 UTC, Manu wrote:
> > What does this stuff mean?
> > LDC has traditionally integrated all the targets into the one
> > build;
> > including the exitoc GPU targets and friends. What is the
> > additional
> > build time you speak ontop of the existing build?
> > Are Android/iOS just additional backend targets like the rest? I
> > figured that ideally, support would be added to the standard
> > build for
> > those targets.
>
> Of course they are regular targets just like the others, and
> cross-compiling to Android etc. is possible today, with any x86
> release package, and has been for years.

Okay, so what are you saying about the extra LLVM build time? Perhaps
I misread; are you saying that LDC doesn't currently have CI of that
nature at all?

So, Android target works, but iOS not so much?
What would you say is outstanding in Android front? Just passing CI?
Is there druntime work to do? I suspect platform integration is
scarce?
Does Android x86 work? This is often used during debugging where I work.

I've seen iOS toolchains appear from time to time, I guess the
standard build can't emit iOS code though?