DMD or LDC on mobile

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed Aug 21 18:34:46 UTC 2019

On 2019-08-20 20:17, Manu wrote:

> What kind of budget is motivating?
>
> I think the community needs nothing less than:
> Android/iOS have builds alongside each LDC release, passing CI, and a
> getting-started guide showing how to get to work on those platforms.
> It can't be a question what shape those toolchains are in. They need
> to be reliably available.

What has not been mentioned so far, but I think is important as well, is
to support the simulators. The iOS simulator is running x86(-64) as the
architecture.

> I don't know the scope of this task, who knows where each toolchain is
> at? Can anyone itemise the work here?

I don't know. That will probably take some investigation. I only know
about [1]. [1] mentions a custom LLVM with support for TLS. I think this
is available in upstream LLVM now.

[1] https://github.com/smolt/ldc-iphone-dev

--
/Jacob Carlborg