DMD or LDC on mobile

Laeeth Isharc laeeth at kaleidic.io
Thu Aug 22 06:03:46 UTC 2019

losing your read post history.
10 hours agoRe: DMD or LDC on mobile
Gravatar	Posted by kinke
On Wednesday, 21 August 2019 at 17:35:39 UTC, Manu wrote:
> Okay, so what are you saying about the extra LLVM build time?

I mentioned the LLVM CI/build because that would be required for
a native Android/iOS LDC package (not sure how much demand there
is).
As we don't have any 32-bit ARM CI either (but an AArch64 one),
this means that someone needs to build LLVM manually for the
prebuilt armhf packages. [And building LLVM with 3 emulated ARMv7
cores on my i5-3550 quad-core takes about 12 hours, just to give
you an idea wrt. emulator performance.]

---

I'll pay for Android CI and/or iOS if it's helpful.  Please get
in touch via John Colvin / Robert Schadek.

We don't use Android at work but maybe some day we might.  On the
other hand even if iOS is done it's not so useful for writing
full applications yet.  But the journey of a thousand miles...

It's worth it if we can to keep the termius LDC package build up
to date.  Also dlangui seems to have stagnated a bit on Android.
I wonder if it's viable to write a little app that way.
Otherwise I guess something like imgui.

Laeeth