Would it be possible to have something like this for D?

JN 666total at wp.pl
Fri Aug 23 08:33:49 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 22 August 2019 at 10:30:59 UTC, bauss wrote:
> Rust has:
> https://perf.rust-lang.org/
>
> I think it would be very beneficial to have something similar
> for D.

The charts look very pretty, but I am skeptical of the added
value of them. Even if we had such graphs for D, there needs to
be action done. What if someone commits a change that makes the
performance go bad. Someone needs to notice that the graph went
down, an issue would have to be reported. And the likely response
would be "yeah but this change is very important and I am not
sure why it affects the performance this bad", causing
performance regressions to stack up over time.

At the place I am employed at we do a lot of performance
dashboards like this one, and I know from experience that most of
the metrics like instruction counts are too vague to really guide
people. Wall time would kind of work, but then you'd need a long
enough benchmark so that any performance drops are significant
enough to sound an alarm.