DIP 1019--Named Arguments Lite--Final Review

Yuxuan Shui yshuiv7 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 23:35:32 UTC 2019

So, again, there are a lot of suggestions that we need
reordering, default arguments skipping, etc. And I completely
agree. If someone come forward and write a well thought out named
argument DIP with those features, I would happily drop mine.

However, during the 6 months long review of this (and DIP 1020,
but that one is in hiatus right now), no one did. People cares a
lot about these features, but not enough to write a DIP.

This is my biggest fear, that if we don't adapt this DIP and
start iterate on that, D will not have named arguments for the
foreseeable future.

Please prove me wrong. Go write a DIP.