DIP 1019--Named Arguments Lite--Final Review

Dennis dkorpel at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 16:17:38 UTC 2019

On Friday, 23 August 2019 at 17:49:17 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Funny you should mention this, because the obvious problem is
> this doesn't work:
>
> glfwCreateWindow(1280, 720, "my window", parentWindow: null,
> fullScreenMonitor: null);

That's not a big problem.
If you re-order it, someone might re-use that line in a project
with a different glfw binding (e.g. using DPP instead of bindbc)
and it won't work anymore. He'd have to reverse-engineer the
original order to be able to figure out which parameters were
passed where instead of just updating / removing the named
parameters.