DIP 1019--Named Arguments Lite--Final Review

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Tue Aug 27 21:15:33 UTC 2019

On 8/27/2019 8:32 AM, Olivier FAURE wrote:
> When Walter posted DIP-1021, I gave feedback with detailed examples in multiple
> occasions (in PR comments and the review thread), wrote a draft for a DIP that
> will propose an alternate implementation, and posted a type system discussion
> when I stalled on a problem. I have yet to see any acknowledgment of that work
> from Walter (atila gave some feedback, though it was fairly surface-level).

I have replied to some of it, but not all. I got called away on a crisis and
haven't gotten back to it since, even my proposal on it.

BTW, when you write that you've made proposals and such, it helps a lot to
include links to what you're talking about. You're far more likely get interest
in it than if people have to go spelunking around wondering what specifically
you're referring to.

It's the same advice I give when people say they're blocked by bugs, but never
link to the bug reports (and often don't even give a hint as to what the issues
are).

I try to follow my own advice:
https://digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/DIP_1019--Named_Arguments_Lite--Final_Review_330067.html#N330105