newCTFE Status August 2019

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 21:49:18 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 31 August 2019 at 21:44:38 UTC, Jon Degenhardt wrote:
> By coincidence, I just ran into a case. I'm curious, will
> newCTFE enable the usage below?

This isn't actually a CTFE engine thing, just the library
implementation.

The current CTFE engine can do it if you use a different library
function to do the conversion (Stefan I believe has ported one
from C to D before and it is ... somewhere...).

The reason it won't do it now is that it calls out to a C
function to format floating point, and CTFE - new and old - can
only evaluate D functions.