DIP 1022---foreach auto ref---Final Review

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 20:08:12 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 1 December 2019 at 10:31:56 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> I suggest putting this on hold until we have a comprehensive
> solution to function parameter copying, moving, and forwarding
> so we don't have to re-do foreach yet again after this DIP.

Yeah, if you're going to change the semantics
copy/ref/move-semantics elsewhere, that sounds the wisest thing
to do. However, you're currently discussing/implementing those
things behind the scenes (except for Manu's rvalue ref DIP,
which's implementation switch is aknowledged in the paper, in
alternative #1). Because of that I'll let you make the decision
about the postponing in the formal assessment -I don't want to
personally postpone anything based on future plans or decisions
that I do not see myself.