How do people feel about putting source compiler directives inside rdmd?

aliak something at something.com
Mon Dec 2 20:13:24 UTC 2019

On Monday, 2 December 2019 at 19:44:53 UTC, Seb wrote:
> On Monday, 2 December 2019 at 18:48:41 UTC, aliak wrote:
>> Like these in rund?
>> https://github.com/dragon-lang/rund#source-compiler-directives
>>
>> Is that something that dlang would be open to for rdmd?
>>
>> Cheers
>> - Ali
>
> Why not replace rdmd with rund?
>

> RDMD is not actively developed anymore (last commit was 1 1/2
> years ago [1]) and it's still twice as slow as rund as the -i
> upgrade PRs were rejected (see e.g. [2]).
>

> [1] https://github.com/dlang/tools/commits/master/rdmd.d
> [2] https://github.com/dlang/tools/pull/292

Hmm, there seems there's a bit too much resistance indeed :/ Why
is that? THere's so much you can do with rdmd.

The only reason for rdmd really is that it comes with a default
installation on osx. Asking people to install the dmd package via
osx is already some friction, but then telling them to do rund as
well.... well basically we just go to python.

I could maybe make a brew out of rund though ... 🤔