How do people feel about putting source compiler directives inside rdmd?

bachmeier no at spam.net
Mon Dec 2 21:43:17 UTC 2019

On Monday, 2 December 2019 at 20:04:17 UTC, aliak wrote:

> Dub is painfully slow for scripting

Dub is painful for everything else so I'm not surprised to hear
it's painful for scripting.

> if you require a makefile whenever someone wants to write a
> script then python it is.

If that's all it takes for someone to use Python, they'll be
using Python regardless. I can understand the idea of rdmd if you
can use it without configuration. If you're going to add compiler
configuration information to your "script", you no longer have a
script, you have something really confusing for Python users.