How do people feel about putting source compiler directives inside rdmd?

bachmeier no at spam.net
Tue Dec 3 14:01:07 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 3 December 2019 at 09:46:59 UTC, Petar Kirov
[ZombineDev] wrote:
> On the contrary. Without compiler directives or a tool that has
> them built-in, like dub or rdmd/rund you don't have any
> portability, because you have no idea how run build the script.
> It's ridiculous to expect just the right set dependencies to be
> magically installed on the system where the script will run.

None of this is relevant if you have a tool that is limited to
running code that doesn't need compiler directives. I'm aware
that some people think you have to add every feature to every
tool. I disagree. Especially in cases where the functionality is
already provided by other tools.