DIP 1026---Deprecate Context-Sensitive String Literals---Community Review Round 1

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.com
Tue Dec 3 21:14:47 UTC 2019

On 12/3/19 4:04 PM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> I think you're imposing a needlessly literal(!) interpretation of
> context-free grammars.

I feared that would happen. When I drafted the initial answer, I had
this text: "Subject to the way the grammar is defined across lexical
tokens and higher-level constructs, yes, one could build a theoretical
argument that heredocs are a context-dependent construct." Then I
removed it to avoid divagating. Now, here we are.