How do people feel about putting source compiler directives inside rdmd?

Jonathan Marler johnnymarler at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 02:34:17 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 4 December 2019 at 23:32:04 UTC, aliak wrote:
> On Monday, 2 December 2019 at 20:52:06 UTC, Jonathan Marler
> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hmm, there seems there's a bit too much resistance indeed :/
>>> Why is that? THere's so much you can do with rdmd.
>>>
>>> The only reason for rdmd really is that it comes with a
>>> default installation on osx. Asking people to install the dmd
>>> package via osx is already some friction, but then telling
>>> them to do rund as well.... well basically we just go to
>>> python.
>>>
>>> I could maybe make a brew out of rund though ... 🤔
>>
>> It's not a big deal if D tools are in separate packages.  I
>> added rund to the nix package manager already, adding it to
>> brew should be fine.
>
> I'm trying:
> https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/pull/47501 but
> apparently formulas recommend github repos with X stars and Y
> forks. So there's a chance it may be rejected. Let's see! 🤞

Looks like they require > 30 forks, > 30 watchers and > 75 stars.
A reasonable requirement. rund has 1 fork, 2 watchers and 21
stars, so we'll have to wait and see if it gets more popular.

To everyone, if you want to see rund in your package manager of
choice, show your support by starring and/or watching it on
github: https://github.com/dragon-lang/rund