D code length vs other languages

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Thu Dec 5 22:21:13 UTC 2019

https://danuker.go.ro/programming-languages.html

I'm unsure of the accuracy of the methodology of determining this, but D does
fairly well in it. It wasn't designed to be a particularly terse language, and
personally I find that excessive terseness makes for a hard-to-understand
language as well as making typos more likely to produce buggy programs.

(Taken to its logical extreme, for a language with no redundancy, any random
sequence of bytes would be a valid program. It would be impossible for a
compiler to diagnose any errors.)

D being about a third less code than C++ is consistent with my unscientific
experience with it.

I'm a little surprised that D is significantly more compact than Rust.