D code length vs other languages

Jab jab_293 at gmall.com
Fri Dec 6 05:44:31 UTC 2019

On Friday, 6 December 2019 at 00:26:14 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Thursday, 5 December 2019 at 22:21:13 UTC, Walter Bright
> wrote:
>> https://danuker.go.ro/programming-languages.html
>>
>> I'm unsure of the accuracy of the methodology of determining
>> this, but D does fairly well in it.
>
> It is probably better to look at the examples on the Rosetta
> website. Seems to me that some try to be terse, yet others try
> to show off language features. So, for the same language you
> have sometimes very verbose low level and very terse high level
> solutions (some are clearly cheating).

They also use different (non-standard) libraries, which really
depends on what they implement and what kind of interface they
provide. Some of the C++ code examples have variables defined at
the start in old C-style. With multiple variables just being
declared on 7+ more lines. The examples weren't intended to be
used a means to measure number of lines of code. Even on the page
it points out that comments weren't taken into consideration.
This data is extremely unreliable and should be taken with a huge
grain of salt.