Any project started for libmongoc?

Andrea Fontana nospam at example.com
Wed Dec 11 08:33:02 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 10 December 2019 at 14:21:44 UTC, tirithen wrote:
> On Tuesday, 10 December 2019 at 09:29:12 UTC, Daniel Kozak
> wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 9:55 AM tirtihen via Digitalmars-d
>> <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi, I'm fairly new to the D language, I found it when searchi
>>> Is there anyone else that have started on this or similar
>>> MongoDB
>>> driver already?
>>
>> Have you looked at:
>> https://code.dlang.org/packages/mondo
>> https://github.com/2night/mondo
>
> Yes, I did briefly, I read an article about that team in the
> blog as well and it seems they are using the code for their
> online magazine, which is a plus.

We're actually using it for other projects as well!

> But when I search for "transaction" or "session" on GitHub I
> don't get any hits. It seems like both mondo and vibe.d is fine
> for plain queries. But for my use case I need the document that
> is about to be inserted have the next incremental index and
> also a hash of the previous document as I'm trying to build a
> blockchain/event store kind of application that is also
> supposed to run on a MongoDB database setup with replicated
> instances that all needs to agree on the next index for the
> next document.

Transactions and sessions were not available when I wrap
libmongoc. They were added later (in MongoDB, a write operation
is atomic on the level of a single document).

I was not aware of symmetry's fork. I wonder why they didn't
create a pull request instead!

Andrea