Question about WebAssembly

Sebastiaan Koppe mail at skoppe.eu
Wed Dec 11 08:35:18 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 11 December 2019 at 07:46:23 UTC, Jani Hur wrote:
> Is D's WebAssembly support usable in Screeps
> (https://screeps.com/) ?
>
> I just yesterday run into Screeps so I have no experience about
> it but the following caught my eye:
>
> "Use JavaScript or compile other languages via WebAssembly."
>
> See https://docs.screeps.com/modules.html#Binary-modules about
> the Screeps' WASM support. As I know nothing about Screeps and
> WebAssembly that tells me nothing at the moment :(

Of course. Follow the 'Building WebAssembly' section on
https://wiki.dlang.org/Generating_WebAssembly_with_LDC to compile
a wasm file, then call that using the instructions on the
https://docs.screeps.com/modules.html#Binary-modules page. Just
skip the part about emscripten since you already have a wasm file.

The only caveat is that it is betterC. But that should change
soon.