DIP 1027---String Interpolation---Community Review Round 1

Anonymouse zorael at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 18:40:28 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 11 December 2019 at 09:52:21 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> This is the feedback thread for the first round of Community
> Review for DIP 1027, "String Interpolation":
>
> https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/148001a963f5d6e090bb6beef5caf9854372d0bc/DIPs/DIP1027.md
> [...]

This is amazing and I would use it straight away.

To preempt any suggestion to just use format with %n$s positional
specifiers instead, I present to you non-trivial cases of Bash
colour highlighting.

enum logtint = "\033[1;32m";
enum warningtint = "\033[1;31m";
enum resettint = "\033[0m";

writefln("%3$sException: %1$s%2$s%3$s (at
%1$s%4$s%3$s:%1$s%5$d%3$s)%6$s",
     logtint, e.msg, warningtint, e.file, e.line, resettint);