DIP 1027---String Interpolation---Community Review Round 1

Martin Tschierschke mt at smartdolphin.de
Thu Dec 12 10:33:47 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 12 December 2019 at 05:07:44 UTC, Jonathan Marler
wrote:
[...]
> I also don't see any mention of my proposal in the DIP in
> "Prior Work" or how this DIP compares to my proposal or Adam's.

I think this is really important, because ignoring their work in
the DIP is not encouraging.
We all try to get the best solution and in speaking in general
the DIP is taking care of a really useful feature I am missing.

When I saw the first examples in vibe.d templates using ruby like
"#{}" , i thought it was a D language feature :-)