opMixin or mixin function templates with convenience operator?

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 14:35:02 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 12 December 2019 at 11:48:47 UTC, Zoadian wrote:
> [snip]
>
> this is similar to my idea. for reference:
> https://forum.dlang.org/post/qqrblbqygugpkkqgttxp@forum.dlang.org

The comment immediately after yours (at least viewing it on the
web client) but not directly responding to you is about
re-inventing the Lisp reader macro. I don't know much about Lisp,
but when I checked it out [1] it looks quite similar to what
people are trying to achieve with this idea. One difference would
be that in Lisp they can assign the reader macro to something
like "`" or "'", which I imagine Walter would be opposed to
because he does not favor creating arbitrary DSL's.

[1] https://lisper.in/reader-macros